Happy birthday, America! Celebrate the Fourth of July with these easy crafts for all ages.…
While summertime means lots of sun and time outside, June is known for its particularly high temperatures. As the days start to warm up, here are some tips for beating the heat!
- Stay in an air-conditioned indoor location as much as you can.
- Drink plenty of fluids even if you do not feel thirsty.
- Schedule outdoor activities carefully.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing and sunscreen.
- Pace yourself.
- Take cool showers or baths to cool down.
- Check on a friend or neighbor and have someone do the same for you.
- Never leave children or pets in cars.
- Check the local news for health and safety updates.
These protective actions come from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in this article, which details how you can keep cool in hot weather to prevent heat-related illness. Have plenty of fun this summer, but most importantly, make sure you are staying safe!