Happy birthday, America! Celebrate the Fourth of July with these easy crafts for all ages.…
The first Wednesday of November is National Stress Awareness Day, which means it is the perfect time to learn about some de-stressing tips! Life is busy, so it is completely okay to take some time throughout your day to release some tension and take care of you! Below are some easy and healthy ways to experience some stress relief from Everyday Health.
- Exercise — A 20-minute jog around your block can yield up to 12 hours of improved mood. Find physical activity that works for your schedule and is something that you enjoy doing!
- Socialize — Spend time with friends and family who empower you to be your best self.
- Write — Dedicate a period of time every day to write out your stressful thoughts and feelings.
- Laugh — Laughter is the best medicine! Watch a funny movie or hang out with people that will make you laugh.
- Take care of yourself — Even when your tension is at an all-time high, make sure you prioritize yourself and put your needs first.
- Get some fresh air — Take a few minutes every day to get outside and see the sun, even if it is chilly outside. A little time in the great outdoors is one of the best ways to relax.
- Be kind to yourself — Thinking negative thoughts only makes you feel worse and more stressed out. Take some time to acknowledge positive thoughts and encourage yourself!
- Meditate — Practice breathing and meditation exercises, or even try out yoga!
- Be thankful — Commit yourself to one act that shows your gratitude every day. Being thankful has a calming effect and makes the others in your life happy too.
- Make a change — Get rid of what is causing you stress and attack the cause at the source.
Implementing these de-stressing strategies will help you feel better both mentally and physically, even when relaxing feels impossible. And if you dedicate yourself to at least a few of these tips every day, you will begin to see positive results in no time! To read more about these tips and learn more about stress, check out this article.