Happy birthday, America! Celebrate the Fourth of July with these easy crafts for all ages.…
As we make our way through winter, there are plenty of ways to spice up your kitchen with new, healthy recipes! Well + Good features a vegetable and black-eyed peas soup recipe from Marie Reginato that will warm you up while fueling your body with many essential nutrients.
- 2 cups dried black-eyed peas (or 3 to 4 cans)
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 4 celery stocks, chopped
- 2 heads bok choy
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 to 4 large handfuls of kale, chopped
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms, chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Warm olive oil in a large saucepan. Cook the diced onions and crushed garlic until tender (about five minutes). Add the chopped carrots, celery and a few pinches of salt to the saucepan and sauté for 15 minutes.
- In a very large pot, add the vegetable stock, tomatoes, dry beans and sautéed vegetables. Cook on medium-high heat for 2 ½ hours.
- Add the kale, mushrooms and bok choy leaves. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes until the beans and kale are tender.
- Add chili flakes and salt to your liking.
*If you are using canned beans, wait to add them until the last 30 minutes of cooking your soup.
Find more recipes from Well + Good here.