With the start of the new school year, now is the time to revamp lunches…
As the temperature outside gets colder, it can be difficult to go for your usual walk or run. The good news is that you do not have to leave your house to get your steps in.
For this workout from SilverSneakers, all you need is some open floor space to get your blood flowing and heart rate pumping. If at any time you need support, use a nearby wall or chair. Also, make sure to take breaks as needed and remember to stay hydrated.
Click the following link to see how each exercise is performed: https://youtu.be/j9B9ePPQTKA
You will want to rest about 1 minute between each exercise. Repeat as many times as you are able and comfortable.
- March in Place with Arms Swinging (1 minute on, 1 minute off)
- High Knees March Raising Hands Overhead (10 repetitions each side, then rest 1 minute)
- Side Steps (10 repetitions each side, then rest 1 minute)
- Fast Toes and Jog in Place (10 to 30 seconds on, 1 minute off)
- Step Forward and Push (10 repetitions each leg, then rest 1 minute)
- Step Back with Shoulder Pinch (10 repetitions each leg, then rest 1 minute)