It is officially the holiday season, which means there is no better time to celebrate…
Photo credit to The Creative Bite
Whether your children are starting this school year in person or virtually, it is essential to power their brains and bodies with healthy lunches! There are many online sources you can go to for inspiration, such as Pinterest, Bon Appetit and an endless amount of other food blogs.
Below are some delicious, healthy lunch ideas from one food blog called The Creative Bite.
- 1 soft whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 2 slices of cheese
- 2 slices of lunch meat
- Small handful of baby spinach
- Spread a thin layer of hummus on one side of the soft tortilla wrap.
- Layer cheese and lunch meat on top of the hummus. Spread the baby spinach out on one side of the turkey and cheese.
- Start wrapping by folding the edge of the tortilla over the spinach, and continue to roll the tortilla as tightly as possible.
- Slice the wrap into 1-inch rolls and serve.
- Raspberries or small strawberries
- Clementine orange segments
- Pineapple chunks
- Kiwi cut into desired shapes
- Large purple grapes
- Vanilla yogurt
- Thread a raspberry, orange, pineapple, kiwi and grape onto each skewer.
- Place the vanilla yogurt in a bowl for dipping.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet or container with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all wet ingredients and salt. Mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon into your hands and roll into bites. Place on parchment paper and freeze for 20 minutes until firm. Store in refrigerator.
Click here to read the full article from The Creative Bite.