Celebrate the summer months by trying out new recipes! With new produce in season, there…
With winter approaching, the importance of handwashing skyrockets. Not only does washing your hands offer protection for yourself from germs, it also protects those around you. Washing your hands can prevent a variety of infections that can cause serious harm to everyone, especially young children and the elderly. Below you will find tips for proper washing from Better Health.
When to Wash
- After using the bathroom or changing a diaper
- Before and after preparing food
- Before eating
- After handling animals
- After smoking
How to Wash Your Hands Properly
- Start by wetting your hands with clean, running water.
- Lather your hands with soap for 20 seconds.
- Rub hands together and across all surfaces of your hands and wrists.
- Rinse all traces of soap off of your hands.
- Dry your hands thoroughly.
Your skin is the most effective barrier against infection. This winter, protect yourself and others by practicing good hygiene.